Buying copy watches from Guangzhou has been one of the common things for visitors to China. The watch market near Guangzhou Railway Station is rife with tons of fake watches and clocks. Along Zhannan Lu, there’re about 7 large markets dealing with watches, clocks and accessories, 90% are counterfeits.
List of Replica Watches Markets in Guangzhou, China
- Southern Watch Trade Center
- Zhanxi Watch & Clock Town
- Zhanxi Jiulong Watchmaker’s Shop
- Dongfang Watchmaker’s Shop
- Haiying Clock & Watch City
- Rightway Watch & Clock Center
- Yifa Commercial Trading Plaza
How to get to Guangzhou watches markets?
Exit F, Guangzhou Railway Station metro station, Line 2 & 5.
1. Southern Watch Trade Center/Guangzhou Southern International Watch Center (Southern Center of Clocks and Watches)
2. Zhanxi Watch & Clock Town (China International Famous Brand Watches Exhibition Fair)
3. Zhanxi Jiulong Watchmaker’s Shop
4. Dongfang Watchmaker’s Shop
5. Haiying Clock & Watch City
6. Rightway Watch & Clock Center
7. Yifa Commercial Trading Plaza
Brands that you might find their fake counterparts in Guangzhou watch market:
- Patek Philipe
- Audemars Piguet
- Jaeger-Le Coulter
- Tag Heuer
- BAUME MERCIER
- Haggling is part and parcel of the process as some starting prices can be quite exorbitant.
- Bring a loupe to check the mechanisms.
- Bring your photos to show them as Chinese pronunciations for brands can be quite different and there aren’t real samples in the counter to avoid the cops. Usually the fake watches are hidden in secret offices they would show you around. Usually it’s safe and no hard sales.
- Bring cash unless you can use wechat pay or alipay.
- Most shops are traders as the watch factories are usually located in Shenzhen.
- Shipping a large quantity of copy watches can be a great risk. You might risk getting the watches confiscated, getting a fine or even charged for legal responsibilities.
Questions to ask yourself before buying replica watches.
1. Is it legal to buy/own/import replica watches in your country?
It depends on which country you come from. In many countries, it’s legal to own replica watches but illegal to import/sell them. Some countries have loose policies while some Custom are very stringent with the importing of replica watches, the chances are quite high that your watches would be seized by the Custom.
2. Are you able to spot a fake watch from the genuine ones?
Some of the replica watches are made of such good quality that it’s difficult to tell them apart from the genuine ones. Even in the markets some suppliers would like to play the tricks of different quality, Chinese movement, Japanese movement or Swiss movement, are you able to tell the difference? Check the RWG forum guide about watches and avoid being scammed.
Note: The post is just information about the copied watches markets in Guangzhou, China. Business in Guangzhou is not involved in any replica business.